Cloudera Training for Apache HBase
Cloudera's training for Apache HBase is designed for developers already familiar with Apache Hadoop. Participants should be familiar with Hadoop's architecture and APIs and have experience writing basic applications. Cloudera's Hadoop Developer course provides all the necessary background required.
You Will Learn
- The components of an HBase cluster
- When you should -- and should not -- use HBase
- How to use the HBase shell to directly manipulate HBase tables
- How to design optimal HBase schemas for efficient data storage and recovery
- How to connect to HBase using the Java API
- How to configure an HBase cluster
- How to administer an HBase cluster, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks
Additional self-study appendices discuss bulk-loading data into HBase tables and how Hive can be used to query HBase tables.
This course is appropriate for developers and administrators who intend to use HBase. Prior experience with databases and data modeling is helpful, but not required. Prior knowledge of Java is helpful. Prior knowledge of Hadoop is not required, but Cloudera Developer Training for Apache Hadoop provides an excellent foundation for this course.
During this course students will perform numerous hands-on exercises.
Following successful completion of the training class, attendees will be given a certification exam voucher good for one certification exam attempt. This voucher is non-transfearable and is given only to individuals who successfully complete the entire training class. Learn more about the CCSHB Certification Exam.
- Introduction to HBase
- The HBase Data Model
- The HBase Shell
- HBase Architecture
- Schema Design
- The HBase API
- HBase Configuration and Tuning
- HBase Administration
- Appendix A: HFile Format
- Appendix B: Cloudera Enterprise
- Appendix C: Hive and HBase
- Appendix D: MapReduce and Bulk Loads
|United States||Jun 2013||Jul 2013||Aug 2013||Sep 2013|
|San Francisco Bay Area, CA||
Jul 18 - Jul 19
|Washington, DC Metro Area||
Jul 11 - Jul 12
Aug 1 - Aug 2
|International||Jun 2013||Jul 2013||Aug 2013||Sep 2013|
|London, United Kingdom||
Aug 1 - Aug 2
Jun 27 - Jun 28
Jul 25 - Jul 26
Jun 25 - Jun 26
Jul 8 - Jul 9