ADM-225 HDP Hadoop Administration Foundations
This course is intended for systems administrators who will be responsible for the design, installation, configuration, and management of the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP.) The course provides in-depth knowledge and experience in using Apache Ambari as the operational management platform for HDP. The course presumes no prior knowledge or experience with Hadoop.
Students must have experience working in a Linux environment with standard Linux system commands. Students should be able to read and execute basic Linux shell scripts. Basic knowledge of SQL statements is recommended, but not a requirement. In addition, it is recommended for students to have some operational experience in data cented practices, such as change management, release management, incident management, and problem management. It is also strongly recommended that you complete the HDP-123 Hortonworks Hadoop Essentials before taking this course.
- Day 1: Introduction to the Hortonworks Data Platform, Installing HDP 3.0 and Managing HDFS including Rack Awareness.
- Day 2: Managing Cluster nodes, Cluster nodes Storage, HDFS Snapshots, Heterogeneous Storage, Centralized Cache and HDFS Erasure Coding
- Day 3: Managing HDFS High Availability, Federation NameNode, HDFS View FS and Introduction to YARN, YARN Resource Management
- Day 4: YARN Capacity Scheduler, Intra-Queue Preemption, YARN CPU Scheduling/GPU Scheduling and Node Labels
- Day 5: YARN Placement Constraints, YARN High Availability, Deploying HDP with Blueprints, and the HDP Upgrade Process